Sunday, May 20, 2012

Let the swimming begin!


I don't remember swimming before Memorial Day weekend. Perhaps I did, but I've always been a pool person and not so much a swim-in-the-lake person and pools don't usually open until the last weekend of May. I have before, but let's just say I've never been in a rush to get in the same area in which my husband likes to fish.

Well, I swam {er, floated ...} in Kentucky Lake yesterday. And it was good. I'm guessing much more of that will happen this summer. Because we have a lake house we love. {What? You want to play in the lake? You can. In fact, you can rent our lake house.}


You may have heard me say before that my boy is fearless. Seriously. Last year I could barely stop him from jumping in the water, whether it was the lake or a pool. We spent lots of time in the water last summer. He was a little leery of it yesterday. At first. By the end of the day, he was jumping of the dock. That's my boy.


The paddle boat {but, really, shouldn't it be called a pedal boat?} is going to be a good addition to summer entertainment. And, of course, there was fishing.
 

________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment