Thursday, December 1, 2011

Month of Thanks

Each day throughout November, I posted something I'm thankful for on Twitter and Facebook. So in 140 words or less each day, here was my daily thanksgiving ...

I am thankful for my husband who takes care of our family and lives intentionally.

I'm thankful for how God created our family through adoption. His faithfulness was evident in all the details.

I'm thankful for the challenges, encouragement and blessings that come from raising a girl who is a whole lot like me.

I'm thankful for long-time friends who have endured seasons, new friends who are where I am and friends who have been there.

I'm thankful I have more good days than bad days as a diabetic.

I'm thankful my kids enjoy playing with my long-time friends' kids who they don't see often enough.

I'm thankful for my {almost} 2-year-old son who keeps me on my toes. He's all-boy -- fearless, messy, loud and sweet.

I'm thankful for the freedom we have to vote and all the families who sacrificed to protect this and other freedoms.

I'm thankful my life is nothing like I planned.

I'm thankful for the Taylor family roots in this community, evident by the crowd at Tommye's 85th birthday lunch.

I'm thankful for ordinary days with my kids.

I'm thankful my kids get to celebrate Ben's {early} birthday with all seven of their first cousins and a few dear friends.

I'm thankful for an impromptu afternoon spent with friends.

I'm thankful for Cate's preschool experience. She has been blessed with teachers who set the bar high for coming years.

I'm thankful for the chance to stay home with my kids. For the record: It's the hardest, most rewarding job I've ever had.

I'm thankful for community and the Thanksgiving dinner I'm going to share with some of my dearest friends tonight.

I'm thankful for a friendship that began in 1998 and has adapted through the seasons to include 5 kids in 5 years between us.

I'm thankful for a working dryer, an afternoon at home, Diet Dr Pepper, crock pots, and a potluck dinner at church.

I'm thankful change can be refreshing.

I'm thankful for my church family.

I'm thankful for modern medicine: my insulin pump, my kids' pediatricians, and heart surgery for a friend's newborn baby.

I'm thankful for my kids' birthmoms.

I'm thankful the birthday boy feels better and doesn't have a fever. Happy 2nd birthday, sweet Ben!

I'm thankful I have no trouble listing people, places and moments for which I'm thankful. Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for extended family vacations.

I'm thankful for my kids' determination. It even shows through in mini golf.

I'm thankful that my husband is good for me.

I'm thankful for eight hours of sleep in a warm house.

I'm thankful for my husband's law practice and how God has honored his character and hard work through it.

I'm thankful for this season: Jesus' birth, celebrations with family and friends, and making memories with my kids.

I hope November has been a time of thanksgiving for you. Here's to a joyful December!
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment