Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Date Night! ... Overnight!

I went on a road trip this past weekend. And I didn't take one picture. Not with my camera. Not with my iPhone.

And I had a great time.

I didn't want you to think my lack of pictures was a negative commentary.

Rather I was just enjoying being with my husband. Just my husband on our second overnight date in 3 1/2 years. Plus, I have other pictures of St. Louis. We really like it there.

We spent all day Saturday and part of Sunday in St. Louis. We ate at Old Spaghetti Factory, went to a Cardinals game [and watched Ryan Ludwick beat his former team], watched "The Town" [which I highly recommend], ate a late dinner in our awesome hotel room, stayed up late, slept in, shopped at Archiver's and watched most of the Titans game [rather, turnovers ...] at Buffalo Wild Wings, where we eventually got a table even though we weren't wearing football jerseys like most of the grown men in there.

It was good to talk, laugh, not worry about getting someone fed or to bed. And it was wonderful coming home to my kids after they spent their Saturday and Sunday with Gran-Gran.
_______

This was our second road trip in what will be three trips in five weeks. First, there was Chicago, and next up is a family trip to Branson. Ah, yes, continuing our tour of the Midwest ...

No comments:

Post a Comment