Sunday, October 25, 2009

Five parties ...

Yes, just this weekend.
1. Our 3-year-old friend Malaika had a birthday party Saturday afternoon. Cate loved decorating the pumpkin with stickers and swinging balloons at her friends. Then she seemed to think she was in a parade when the kids went on a hayride in the backyard.

2. The local Republican Party had its annual fall picnic, complete with its Ronald Reagan theme. Cate liked climbing on and jumping off the speaking stump. Maybe that's her idea of making politics even more entertaining. I enjoyed the jelly beans.

3. Continuing the autumn entertainment, our church had its annual fall party. The chili was delicious. The hayride was fun, especially because despite the fact the trailer tire went flat nobody had to walk. I actually neglected to take a single picture. Probably because talking with friends and keeping up with my 2 1/2-year-old near the bonfire and in the dark was plenty of multi-tasking for me.

4. The parties continued into Sunday. My two sisters-in-law and mother-in-law organized a fun, family baby shower for Ben. Thankfully, my mom and (nearly) sister-in-law, Laine, came down from Louisville to join in the baby fun. [That's Laine and me pictured together.]

5. We had a quick 30th birthday party with Charles, Angela and Christine later Sunday. (That's my brother-in-law and two sisters-in-law, for any new blog readers.) Basically, we gave them their presents and ate leftover goodies from the baby shower. But remember this hat? Oh, yes, it made a pass-it-on reappearance!

Now it's the beginning of the new week ... I need to go to the grocery store, wash some clothes and finish packing boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment