Sunday, November 16, 2008

16. A life-long friend

This is Katie. I've blogged about her many times before.

Even though we aren't neighbors anymore, I'm thankful we live in the same state. Summing up our friendship would be impossible because it spans those rough middle school years, finding things to do in Mockingbird Valley when we weren't old enough to drive, counting the steps from her door to mine, high school decisions, old boyfriends, first jobs, new friends, different colleges, dreaming of growing up, possibly growing up, moving, marrying, e-mailing, talking on the phone when each of our favorite teams were playing in the World Series, wanting to have a baby, becoming mothers ...

And, really, when it comes down to it, I'm thankful for Katie and the fact I can share my life openly + never once wonder what she'll think of me. She knew me when I was 11. And she still knows me now that I'm 29.

See the introduction to Thirty Days of Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment