Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Books of 2016 {so far}


I've been binging on fiction lately. I'm not really into any TV shows right now, plus fiction is good when I needed a break from packing and purging and organizing and unpacking and purging. And it's summer. When Rachel naps at the pool in her stroller, I like to read whatever fiction book I have with me.

(Yes, you can have little kids and read books too. I've shared before how I manage to read books while mothering little ones. I will say, during the summer, I read more library books because it's hard to read my Kindle in the bright sunshine with wet kids near.)

In all of 2015, I read 21 fiction books. So far in the first six months of 2016, I've read 18. Binge fiction reading, I tell y'all. Although there has been some non-fiction reading, but that's happened at a slower pace.

(Here's my 2015 book list, if you need recommendations beyond this post. I keep an updated list of what I've read at Goodreads.)

Fiction
  1. "Thin Ice" (Men of Valor #2) by Irene Hannon {Review
  2. "Sanctuary Lost" (WITSEC Town #1) by Lisa Phillips 
  3. "Sanctuary Buried" (WITSEC Town #2) by Lisa Phillips
  4. "Sanctuary Breached" (WITSEC Town #3) by Lisa Phillips
  5. "Cold Shot" (Chesapeake Valor #1) by Dani Pettrey
  6. "Tidewater Inn" (Hope Beach #1) by Colleen Coble
  7. "Rosemary Cottage" (Hope Beach #2) by Colleen Coble
  8. "Seagrass Pier" (Hope Beach #3) by Colleen Coble
  9. "The Inn at Ocean's Edge" (Sunset Cove #1) by Colleen Coble
  10. "Mermaid Moon" (Sunset Cove #2) by Colleen Coble
  11. "Honeymoon for One" by Beth Orsoff
  12. "Keep Quiet" by Lisa Scottoline
  13. "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins
  14. "Firefly Lane" by Kristin Hannah
  15. "Fly Away" by Kristin Hannah
  16. "Magic Hour" by Kristin Hannah
  17. "The Good Girl" by Mary Kubica
  18. "Home Front" by Kristin Hannah

Non-fiction :: Parenting

Non-fiction :: Memoirs
  1. "Coming Clean: A Story of Faith" by Seth Haines
  2. "The Gift of Friendship: Stories that Celebrate the Beauty of Shared Moments" by Dawn Camp {Review}
  3. "Looking for Lovely: Collecting Moments that Matter" by Annie Downs {Review}
  4. "Wild in the Hollow: On Chasing Desire and Finding the Broken Way Home" by Amber Haines
  5. "Everything You Ever Wanted" by Jillian Lauren
  6. "Love You More: The Divine Surprise of Adopting My Daughter" by Jennifer Grant

Non-fiction :: Christianity
    1. "None Like Him: 10 Ways God is Different From Us (and why that's a good thing)" by Jen Wilkin {Review}
    2. "You're Already Amazing" by Holley Gerth // Book // LifeGrowth Guide // LifeGrowth DVD // {Review}

    What have you read lately that I should add to my never-ending list of books I want to read next?
    _____________________

    Subscribe to get new posts in your inbox and a monthly newsletter with content not available on the blog. When you subscribe, I'll send you a FREE #choosingJOY printable.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment