Thursday, March 17, 2016

Surprise! God's got a plan ...

It's time for Five Minute Friday with Kate Motaung and other writer friends. The prompt is revealed on Thursday night and then there's a flash mob of writing. Just write. Just write whatever comes in those five minutes. 

This week's prompt is SURPRISE

Ready, set, go ... 


I’m hard to surprise – probably because I ask a lot of questions. Part of me likes surprises, but much of me likes a plan.

Yet God has managed to surprise me with almost every detail of my life.

I live in a town I thought would be in my past after college graduation – and love it so much I consider it home after more than a dozen years.

I thought I would be a big-city newspaper reporter, but I worked in a small-town newsroom before I became a momma and now I stay at home with them – sort of. I do some work-type things on the side, between mothering moments.

I have three kids – which was what I thought would happen. BUT they didn’t come like I expected. God surprised me with three adoption stories I wouldn’t rewrite, even though there are some hard chapters.

God has surprised me with community when I least expected it and given me dreams and hopes I didn’t realize I’d ever have. And even this prompt 13 hours after I wrote this on Facebook: May your day be full of fresh views & sweet surprises.

God has surprised me with all the details of my life. But he’s not been surprised for a moment. {Tweet that.}

He knit me together in my mother’s womb and gave me an extroverted personality with introverted tendencies. He started writing my story long before I acknowledged him as the author.

I’m seeking him as the author of it all now, but I’m guessing there are still going to be some surprises around the bend.

And stop. 
_____________________

I'm linking up at Kate Motaung's place with other Five Minute Friday friends. Come join us. 

Subscribe to get new posts and/or a monthly newsletter with content not available on the blog in your inbox. When you subscribe, I'll send you a FREE #choosingJOY printable. 

"Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, or follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment