Saturday, March 19, 2016

One half of one year


Believe it or not, this girl is half a year old! It’s hard to believe how much our lives have changed for the better these past six months yet how much we know we are meant to be a family. It’s crazy to think last year at this time we didn’t even know about her!

Rachel loves avocados, bananas, canned peaches, and mandarin oranges. She adores her brother and sister.

She wants to go places and scoots across our hardwood floors. She sits up like a pro and often goes from sitting up to laying on her belly.

She sleeps on her belly and often for 8-10 hours at night. She doesn’t have a nap schedule (hello, third child!) but still takes several short naps throughout the days.

She smiles, especially when people talk to her and when she sits in high chairs and the front of the grocery cart.

She doesn’t have any teeth yet, but I can tell they’re coming! There’s much drool and some irritated gums.

In her fifth month, she had RSV, enjoyed the swing outside for the first time, and received her passport in the mail.

I told you, she’s got places to go.

Rachel girl, these first six months of your life have been filled with such joy. I’m excited to see what God does in our family from here and how you get to be part of it. I have no doubt you’ll find adventure and joy wherever you go.
_____________________

Subscribe to get new posts and/or a monthly newsletter with content not available on the blog in your inbox. When you subscribe, I'll send you a FREE #choosingJOY printable.

"Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, or follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment