Friday, October 17, 2014

On writing and processing and mothering

My writing friend Ashley Wells, who happened to endorse and Kindle-format my ebook, invited to share about being a mom and a writer at her blog today. She asked questions and I answered. I'm loving the format and look forward to reading more answers from other writers later this month.

But for now, join me over at Ashley's online place, where I talk about this:

Writing is how I process life – whether that’s spiritual growth or motherhood. So writing doesn’t overpower mothering or any other aspect of life. It’s inseparable for me, really, because I don’t know how to live without writing. In this season of having small children at home, sometimes I can’t write when I would like to because there’s laundry to wash and fold, lunches to pack, and kids who want attention. But I still find time to write. I’m grateful I don’t have to choose one or the other, but just rearrange what it looks like as I go through different seasons in life.

This season for me includes my ebook, which has been a fantastic journey. This week has been so much fun seeing my God-sized Dream of sharing our family's story encourage others. I don't truly know what God has in store with it all, but I'm eager to witness whatever comes next.

Happy weekend, friends!
________

Want more stories? "Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment