Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Go Cardinals! {The 2013 World Series Edition}

Friendly rivals in July 2005

A favorite person of mine is a Red Sox fan. Katie lived in Boston for awhile years ago, so I get it. I married my college boyfriend who taught me the love of the game in 1998 when Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa were in a historical home run battle. Katie and I exchanged much banter about our two red teams in 2004. I prefer to remember that more than the actual result of the World Series.

Busch Stadium in St. Louis

Starting tonight, I can cheer for only one red team. The St. Louis Cardinals. It's the World Series, baby! St. Louis is one of my favorite cities and has been the destination of many family road trips. I've been a fan a long enough at this point to be able to remember moments and games. And, really, I'm not sure anything beats Game 6 in 2011. And 2006 had a good ending too.
  
Fenway Park in Boston

We went to Boston two years ago, right as the Cardinals were beginning their wild card journey to becoming champions for the 11th time. {11 in '11 ...} And, yes, of course, we toured Fenway Park then. The Red Sox weren't still playing baseball then, you know.

Need more baseball stories? I've got some from you from the archives ... 

{Behind the Scenes} A souvenir in hand
{St. Louis} That's a winner!
Wild Cards! {aka Cardinals win the World Series: The 2011 version}
A view from the good seats
Day-long Date
Take me out to the ball game ...

And, really, this video will get you in the World Series spirit. Because some nights your team wins the whole thing. Yes, only one red team can win ...

Go Redbirds!
________

Want more stories? Like 152 Insights on Facebook. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram. Follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin'. Subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

3 comments:

  1. Go Cardinals! I don't watch baseball but I'll cheer your team on for you! Wait...my husband just said we are more Boston fans. Lol. I'll still cheer you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KristinHillTaylor10/24/2013 5:39 PM

    Did you mention one time your husband likes the Cubs? If that's true, that's why he's more a Boston fan in this scenario. :) Thanks for the moral support though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in fact grateful to the holder of this
    web site who has shared this impressive piece of writing at here.


    Also visit my blog post critical essay writing

    ReplyDelete