Friday, March 15, 2013

{Five Minute Friday} Rest

This is where we like to rest. This time it was April 2012.


I'm participating in Five Minute Friday, a link-up writing prompt at Lisa-Jo Baker's blog. This week the prompt is "Rest ...

Five minutes starts now. GO ...


I don't like to take naps. My mom says I didn't like to when I was a kid either. I like to sleep, just usually from 10:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m., although I'd take a couple more hours into the morning, if my kids and life would just let me.

But I do like to rest.

I'm one of those Type-A people who uses "rest" -- whether it's watching a TV show, reading a book or scrapbooking -- as motivation to get the work done. Yes, I'm a work-then-play kind of person.

I'm going to rest this weekend. At the lake. With my best friend and her family. We're going to grill out food and play marathons of Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride. My girl and my friend's girl who are a year apart are finally going to get to sleep in bunk beds in the same room, like they've been wanting. We have five kids in five years who have sibling-like relationships when we all gather together. They don't know life without each other.

I haven't known life without Jaclyn for more than 14 years. We're going to rest together this weekend in a place that is only 20 minutes from our houses yet can seem like a world away. We'll rest in the comforts of friendship with the peaceful backdrop of Kentucky Lake.


STOP.

Want to join us? Here are Lisa-Jo's rules: 1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. Please visit the person who linked up before you and encourage them in their comments. That is like the one rule we all really care about.

________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Like 152 Insights on Facebook. Or follow me on Twitter and Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. I'm resting to this weekend with a day away at the beach. Looking forward to it! Blessings for your weekend away! linked up with Lisa too! Blessings, from Rachael at Inking the Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. KristinHillTaylor3/15/2013 1:04 PM

    Ooh, I love the beach. I have to settle for the lake here in land-locked Kentucky. :) Have a great weekend! And thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete