Monday, September 17, 2012

Must-see TV

A few years ago, I gave up some TV shows I once loved but were dragging on. I stopped recording "Grey's Anatomy," "Private Practice" and "Survivor." I stopped watching "The Office." Then my husband and I learned the luxury of watching entire TV series on Netflix.

We've cheered for the Panthers in "Friday Night Lights." We've befriended the Bravermans in "Parenthood." Along with Roxy and Pamela, I joined the Fort Marshall community in "Army Wives." I reluctantly got hooked to "Downton Abbey." And now we're solving crimes right along side Bones and Booth in "Bones."

But our DVR is gaining some regularly scheduled TV shows again, some of which start this week.

Today I saw that Facts of Life star Lisa Whelchel and former MLB player Jeff Kent are going to be part of the new season of "Survivor." So I added it to our recording queue. And Greg told me he was interested in "The Mob Doctor," which features a couple of our TV favorites in Jordana Spiro {P.J. from "My Boys"} and Zach Gilford {QB Matt Saracen in "Friday Night Lights"}.

We're also recording "The Good Wife," which we got hooked on when we borrowed some DVDs of the first couple seasons. And the latest season of "Parenthood" will be awaiting us when we catch up on the last season recently added to our Netflix instant queue.

Any new shows catching your eye? What are your must-see TV shows?
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment