Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I didn't give into the candy corn ... and other news

I like lists and writing prompts. So you'll understand why I liked this blog post so much I'm going to do one of my own. 

Well, hello, September. You're here. Will you run the humidity out of town? I don't mind the heat, but the humidity HAS GOT TO GO. Like now. I saw a bag of candy corn at Rite-Aid for $1.59. I resisted. For today. Who knows if I'll have the will power the next time I see it. On sale, even. Fall really is approaching. I even went to a football game this past weekend.

It rained for awhile. And our team lost. But we had fun.

What I'm reading ... 

I started "The Chase" by DiAnn Mills this weekend. It's excellent. So much so I even read while I dried my hair this morning.

In the non-fiction realm, I'm into both "7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" by Jen Hatmaker and "Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions" by Lysa TerKeurst. They're both honest and challenging and I'm ready them slow, hoping that will help me soak in the truths.

Oh, and our small group at church is reading "When God Whispers Your Name" by Max Lucado.

No wonder I have a pile of books in my bedroom and several awaiting titles on my Kindle.

What I'm watching ... 

We're into "Bones" on Netflix. But my friend texted me last night to inform me the Bravermans are back! I kept wondering when season three of "Parenthood" would be added to instant streaming. So I know what's next.

What I'm becoming ...

A soccer mom. Really.


Cate is into trying out activities. She was a ballerina last semester. And then in the spring/summer she played t-ball. She chose basketball camp over ballet camp, which was the same week. Now it's soccer's turn. I'm not going to tell her, but I'll tell you: I really hope soccer sticks. I was the big sister to a competitive soccer player, and I liked going to her games. So, I'm just saying, I'm quietly hoping this becomes her sport of choice.

Of course, he wants to do everything his big sister does ...

Rain boots don't slow him down!

What I'm listening to ... 

I told you about Shaun Groves' "Third World Symphony" the other day. Andrew Peterson's "Rest Easy" also speaks right to my perfectionist heart. I'm also slightly obsessed with Needtobreathe right now, especially "Slumber," "Keep Your Eyes Open," and "Outsiders."

Here, you want to listen too? {Click on links to go to YouTube videos of songs.}


"You don’t have to work so hard/You can rest easy/You don’t have to prove yourself/You’re already mine/You don’t have to hide your heart/I already love you/I hold it in mine/So you can rest easy ..." Thanks for the reminder, Andrew Peterson. I need to keep this on repeat in my heart.
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment