Sunday, April 1, 2012

signs of spring

I'm not sure 85 degrees can be classified as spring, but it is only April 1, so, here we go with some of the signs of spring that I love ...

Planning birthday parties. First up is Greg's. And then mine, although I don't plan my own party. And then Cate's, which she has been helping me plan for months. No, it's not that big of a deal; she's just all about talking about her party.

Sonic drinks. While they are available all year long, something about a diet strawberry limeade tastes like spring. Ben had his first Sonic drink today with lunch. It's a cherry slush.

Fresh fruit and vegetables. Need I say more?

Meeting friends at the park for lunch. The park is in walking distance from our house. Plus, we live in a small town so sometimes we run into other friends in addition to the ones we planned to meet.

Riding bikes to Dairy Queen. We did that this week. But first we had to wipe all the pollen off our bikes seats. And then I got bitten three times by mosquitoes. Ah, Kentucky spring ...

Gerber daisies. In my yard. From Lowe's. And my husband and kids planted four of them for me yesterday. We had five different colored gerber daisies as wedding flowers almost 10 years ago.

Yard sales. That's what I was doing while my family was planting flowers.

Kentucky is still playing basketball. In fact, it's UK v. KU {I love palindromes. Seriously.} on Monday night. Once that wraps up, I can devote my sports mind to baseball, specifically the St. Louis Cardinals. Hang on, Redbirds, I have one more basketball game to watch. Courtney and I wore these same shirts in Houston last year. Too bad my Louisville fan connection with Final Four tickets didn't have any he wanted to part with this year. So, from Murray, Ky., GO CATS!

________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment