Friday, January 6, 2012

{Adoption} Wonderfully Made

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. --Psalm 139:14

It's a new year. Starting new has been on my mind. I've been thinking and praying about how to better give and better love and how to be a better me. Those are all generalities, I know.

But something has been brewing in my heart. I shouldn't be surprised, January has always been life-changing for me.

And God tied it all together for me while driving from Murray to Leitchfield earlier this week. He took away fear and hesitations. He gave me perspective. He opened my heart.

With that, Greg and I are going to begin a third adoption process. Begin is the key word. Any adoption is a journey. We've been blessed with quick, easy adoptions with Cate in 2007 and Ben in 2009. We know God has another story to tell. Perhaps it will mirror theirs. Perhaps it won't be anything like it. Either way, we're trusting God, who has proven over and over again he's faithfully in the details, as we live this story.

We aren't sure who, when, or how. But God knows how he'll grow our family. Prayers for our future birthmom and baby are appreciated. And, of course, if you hear of a pregnancy situation that becomes an adoption case, we'd love for you to consider us if you know of a baby who needs a home.

We believe this story will be continued ...
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! Praying for the little one that is yet to be part of your family. :)

    ReplyDelete