Tuesday, July 12, 2011

'Hold it?'

Pardon the delay, but I'd like to introduce our new friend Atticus Daniel Goodrich. He was born on Friday, July 1. So he's not even two weeks old yet. He weighed 9 lbs. 5 oz. at birth and has a head full of beautiful hair.

Cate loved holding him when he was brand new. Just hours old. She's into babies, so it's a good thing people close to us have had babies recently. Atticus is the baby brother to Davey, who is Ben's friend you've seen on here before, sometimes with the boys even dressed alike. Davey and Ben are less than a month apart in age, so it's been fun watching them grow up together.

While I was holding Atticus at the hospital, Ben was contained in his stroller but near me. He kept reaching toward Atticus -- aka "ba-be" -- and saying, "Hold it? Hold it?" I didn't let Ben hold him, but I loved seeing his sweet, gentle interest.
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment