Friday, June 17, 2011

Balloon of joy

Most people get excited for the throwed rolls or large quantities of food at Lambert's. My kids ate rolls and other food I ordered, but they were most excited by the large balloons ...

And the balloons were still a hit this morning. Ah, the simple pleasures in life.

Speaking of life, I've been surprised with more down time than I anticipated this week. With storms in the forecast, we didn't end up going to Venture River on Wednesday. It's been nice to move at a slower-than-expected pace. It's given me time to work on some projects here at home and regroup, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

I haven't felt super because my blood sugar levels have been fluctuating more than normal, which has prompted headaches and some lethargic afternoons. Hopefully I can figure out a trend and make necessary adjustments. Having a chronic condition is frustrating at times. Many days I live a normal life, full of making plans, chasing kids, managing a household, enjoying my community of friends and family, dreaming and writing, all while managing my insulin injections and blood sugar readings. But lately there have been days when I feel like diabetes is stealing some of my joy.

That's not how I want to live. Yes, I want to take care of myself, but I want to live life fully. Like I'm holding onto a great big, pink balloon.
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

1 comment: