Sunday, February 20, 2011

ABCs of Me

There's much talk about the ABCs around our house, so I thought this was a good way to share some randomness about me ...

Animal: My favorites are the ones that aren't mine.
Advice: I often tell myself to slow down and enjoy the moment.
Album: "August and Everything After" by Counting Crows is one of my all-time favorites.

Best feeling in the world: Peace.
Best weather: I like that the weather changes, but I prefer sunshiny, warm days.
Band: I can't pick just one band. These days I'm liking Casting Crowns, Third Day and Sugarland.

Candy: I really love candy, but I'm trying not to eat much of eat these days.
Color: Cate would tell you purple, pink and blue are my favorites. She'd be right.
Continent to visit: I'd go back to New Zealand, which I believe isn't part of any continent.
Cheese: Colby Jack.

Drawing or painting: Neither. I like to write. And scrapbook.
Dog breed: Ones that belong to other people and that aren't yappy. Really.

Eyes: Mine are blue.
Everyone's got: Imperfections.
Ever failed a class: Nope.

First thoughts waking up: Did Ben sleep until 7?
Feeling: Right now I'm feeling tired yet peaceful.
Favorite Movie: "Valentine's Day," "Love Actually," "Return to Me," "27 Dresses," "Juno," "When Harry Met Sally," "Good Will Hunting," "The Holiday," "Serendipity," "You've Got Mail," and "Reality Bites" are ones I consider favorites.

Greatest Fear: Not being able to remember moments I want to treasure.
Goals: Raise kids who love God and people.
Good luck charm: No such thing.

Holiday: Christmas. And, really, the whole December season, not just Dec. 25.
How do you want to die: Naturally.
Hot or cold: Cold drinks. Warm weather.

Ice cream: I don't love ice cream, but a Reese's cup Blizzard from DQ is a wonderful treat.
Instrument: I can't play any.
Irrational fear: Having the bedroom closet door open. And more than fearing anything, it just bugs me.

Jewelry: I don't wear much. I love my wedding rings and Pandora bracelet.
Job: Full-time mom.
Jokes: I'm not very good at telling them.

Kids: I have two whom I love dearly.
Keep a journal: Sporadically. And I have this electronic journal, more often called a blog.

Love: It's a choice.
Laughed so hard you cried: Oh, yes.
Learned: I have much to learn.
Lost: One of the best TV shows ever, even though I didn't like the ending.

McDonald’s or Burger King: Between the two, McDonald's. I'd choose Wendy's or Culver's, though.
Marriage: I'm thankful for mine.
Musical: I don't really do musicals, but I liked "Man of La Mancha."

Number of siblings: Two plus six in-laws, counting my brother's girlfriend who he's officially marrying in May because she's been part of the family for quite awhile now.
Number: I like 3.
Nuts: Cashews and peanuts are the only nuts I'll eat.
Name that comes to mind first: Taylor.

One wish: The first one that comes to mind is that Katie would be my neighbor again one day.
One time I...: Bungy jumped. I'd do it again, too.
One word: Uno.

Perfect pizza: I had Mariachi Chicken (chicken, jalapenos, Roma tomatoes, chedder and provolone cheese, mariachi spice) with a side of sour cream at Donato's last week. It was delicious.
Pepsi or Coke: I really love Diet Dr Pepper.
Pet: I don't do pets. We had a fish, once.

Questions: I ask many of them.
Quit: I always say "I quit working at the Ledger when Cate was 4 months old ..." but that sounds like I gave up. It was more of a choice that was best for me and my family. And a good one it was.
Quiet: I like quiet.

Reason to cry: I typically don't need a deep reason.
Rude: I am rude sometimes.

Song: "Glorious Day" by Casting Crowns has been in my head often lately. My husband played it at church today too.
Sleep: I try to get eight hours a night. And I believe in sleep training my kids.
Salad dressing: Poppyseed is my favorite.
Slept outside: Yes, but I don't really like doing so.

Time for bed: 10 p.m.
Thunderstorms: I like them at night.

Unpredictable: It's true. I'm not in control, even though I sometimes try to be.
Uncool: My husband tucked in his long-sleeved MSU T-shirt last night and I told him that was uncool.

Vacation spot: I like vacations, especially beaches. But I'll take a city or the mountains. Really anywhere.
Voice: I don't think my voice sounds like my voice recorded and I don't sing for people.

Weakness: Perfectionism.
Worst feeling: Letting someone down.
Water or land: I like to be on land near water.

X-rays: The ones they took of my teeth at my last cleaning appointment were really high-tech.
Ex's: Part of how I got here.

Year it is now: 2011. Crazy.
Yellow: Our kitchen and bedroom are yellow. The same yellow, which was also the color of our bedroom at our old house. Yes, I like it.

Zoo animals: Way better than pets.

1 comment:

  1. THe one that really made me laugh was the one about Greg's shirt. I can see that whole scenario in my head. :)

    I'm glad you posted this tonight; it'll give me something to do tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete