Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome, 2011!

Ah, a new year.

Writing 2011 is strange. The four numbers don't seem as balanced as 2010. But 2010 was a year that completely got away from me. Maybe I can soak up the details even deeper this year. Hopefully I can be that better version of myself who I keep thinking about. You know, the one whose words are gentler, compliments are more plentiful and love is even more apparent.

I've been thinking about this post. But something was holding me back from writing it. Then Holly inspired me, like she often does. So I just started writing.

Transformation has been on my mind.

Sometimes I feel stuck. Like I'm never going to be gentler and kinder like I want to be. Or that I'll always feel some stress when I'm running late. Or that talking loudly is always going to be my default for when I'm excited, irritated, mad, frustrated or trying to convey a very important point.

But God considers me His masterpiece. He's not going to leave me like he found me. I need to seek Him instead of trying to transform myself. He'll do it from the inside out.

God knows I need repetition because after thinking about true transformation one night, I read these words by Max Lucado the next night: God has ambitious plans for us. The same one who saved your soul longs to remake your heart. His plan is nothing short of a total transformation. "He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son." (Romans 8:29 The Message)

So, here's to 2011 being the year I loosen my grip so I can be that better version of myself, not only for myself but for my husband, my kids, my extended family and my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the part about talking loud. :) Sometimes after I've said something, I think "Holy crap, that was LOUD!"

    I really enjoyed this post because I can relate to much of it. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete