Saturday, May 8, 2010

Celebrating Cate

I don't think I could have ordered better weather for an outdoor party with 12 kids [not counting Ben, who took a nap during most of the party ...] from 1 to 6 years old. It was simple -- playing outside, hot dogs, cake, ice cream, presents, more playing outside -- but everyone seemed to have a good time.

Cate was thrilled her cousin Milla from Oldham County could come. And it was fun seeing all the kids play so well together.

So, yeah, the wind made it a little difficult [four matches ... ] for me to get the candle lit, but we got it, eventually. Cate got lots of neat presents, including this Dora big wheel from Grandmom ...

Even Ben had a good time when he wasn't sleeping ...

... he liked Indy, the dog my dad is watching for a friend and brought along on the road trip.
_____

I have more photos of this party and other recent birthday parties for our family in a Facebook album.

No comments:

Post a Comment