Monday, June 15, 2009

$574.50

That's how much I raised at my yard sale.

A couple family members and a few friends donated items for me to sale, hoping to help us raise some money for our adoption, so we had quite a selection of things. I'm sure you'd like to see some pictures, but, really, I never had time to take any.

We started setting up tables and hauling out the merchandise about 5:30 a.m. and the first customers showed up about 6:45 a.m., before I was finished setting out everything. Our biggest rush came between 7 and 8 a.m., but then business was steady the rest of the morning and into early afternoon.

Although I consider the yard sale a success, I'm going to donate most of the remaining items to our local thrift store rather than drag the leftovers out again next weekend, as my husband {who, for the record, went swimming Saturday with our cute daughter} suggested! I did hold onto some books to sell online and some toddler clothes to give away to friends or sell at future fall consignment sales.

We appreciate our friends + family who helped us with donations, gave of their time to help that day and shopped at our sale. Even though we don't know anything about the baby we hope to bring home sooner than later, we know he/she is already loved by our community here.

1 comment: