Thursday, January 17, 2008

Someone else's pets


You may know that I'm not a pet person. I had cats growing up and my parents got a dog when I was in college. That's the extent of it. I had a thing for cats for awhile, but I'm over it now, especially since 1997, when I left home for college, they've generally made me sneeze.

And NO, we didn't get a dog ...

But because I'm fine with being around other people's pets, especially when they're friendly and small, Cate got to meet some puppies tonight. And you can see she was pretty excited about it.

My friend Holly breeds Australian shepherds and invited Cate and me over to see the three she's hoping to sell soon. I'm telling you, letting Cate interacting with other people's animals is my way of exposing her to a variety of cats and dogs!


Cate was hesitant but interested. She let the puppies "kiss" her and even tried to "kiss" them a couple of times. The best moment was when she pulled one of the puppies toward her, like she does with her toys.

Yes, they're cute. No, we don't want one! :)

1 comment:

  1. yeah, don't get a dog. I love mine, but it would be much easier if we didn't have to deal with her. ok, so she jsut puked and smelled up the whole house , but you know....

    ReplyDelete