Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Yes, she's my daughter ... almost

It's Tuesday and I've yet to unpack from our weekend at the lake. The bags are sitting in the living room, and I just pull stuff out as I need it. It's just that kind of week. It's my last week at the newspaper, and a busy week it is. Murray State, court, police, politics, city government ... There's a little of everything going on this week. And yet I'm sitting on the couch right now blogging. Go figure.

I took Cate to get her 4-month immunizations at the health department today. (Remember, it's significantly cheaper than at the pediatrician -- even with health insurance.) Well, when I made the appointment I never thought to tell the receptionist we were in the process of adopting Cate. I just said I needed to make an appointment for my daughter to get her 4-month shots.

Well, today when I got there, I didn't have all the necessary paperwork, mostly the court order giving us guardianship. It honestly never crossed my mind to bring it. I'm just so used to Cate being our daughter.

But in realty, well, at least from the government's perspective, it's not official.

Yes, the health department is cheaper, but there is a bit more governmental red tape to get through without getting stuck to it. But, hey, I'm saving at least $100, even though it requires another appointment next week and the proper paperwork.

1 comment:

  1. When will the paperwork be offical and all done?

    ReplyDelete