Tuesday, September 4, 2007

distracted

I had intentions of being productive with my evening after Cate went to sleep and Greg was still teaching his class at MSU.

Instead ...

I got sucked into "Singing Bee." And now the Cardinals are playing.

Earlier, while still in the mindset for productivity, I did call the insurance company and doctor's office to find out how much Cate's four-month shots would be. With insurance, having met our deductible, the office visit and shots would be like $120. That's the 20 percent out of our pocket after the insurance company pays 80 percent. Meanwhile, I can get the same shots at the health department for $8-10.

Seriously, no wonder there are all sorts of problems with insurance and health care. It just doesn't make sense.

I guess you know where Cate is getting her four-month shots next week. That is after she visits the doctor for a check-up this week. Yeah, there's something to be said for convenience and getting the shots where I'll already be, but it's not worth $100.

OK, alright, fine, I'll sort the laundry before I sit back down on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. oh my - you too with the singing bee?? Byron has been talking about this show.. guess I'll have to check it out. And shelley and I were just talking about how bad a mother I was cause I didn't want to pay the $100 last year for Cade's 3 year well visit - no shots needed they would just tell me - yip he's getting bigger ok that'll be a 100 bucks - so he umm hasn't been to the doc in 2 years... oh well... he's fine!! At least you are taking her somewhere!! :)

    ReplyDelete