Tuesday, June 26, 2007

cute cousins

Cate made her first trip to Louisville and Lexington this past weekend. And, let me tell you, Milla was glad to see her new cousin. Milla met Cate when she was just days old. And she was interested then, but more from a distance. Well, this time, when little Cate was seven weeks old, was totally different ...


I'm fairly certain all my readers know Milla. But here she is. My brother's daughter. She's 3 1/2 and an absolute joy to be around. In fact, I'm not sure why I don't have a category on my blog just for her. I think I'll start that today.

Milla was really into be close -- really close -- to Cate.


And she liked to be close to whoever was holding Cate, in this case Greg ...


... and in this case Uncle Zac.


I think Cate was beginning to wonder what was going on. I mean, we give her a lot of attention, but Milla was all about Cate. When Cate cried, Milla asked what she needed. A small toy? A blanket? And one time Greg was holding her when she cried and Milla insisted I take her back. I then explained that Greg was Cate's daddy and it was OK for him to take care of her. Oh, and when I mentioned to my mom that Cate's nose sounded slightly stuffy, Milla immediately went to get Cate a Kleenex.

Then there was this sweet but strange moment ...


Milla covered both Cate and herself up with a blanket and whispered to her. I have no idea what she was trying to teach her, but I have no doubt Milla will try to influence for her years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment