Saturday, February 17, 2007

music on an appetizer-filled stomach

I had chips and salsa just for dinner. Yummy, yes. But the plan was for them to be an appetizer.

Back up ... Greg and I wanted to eat out before we went to see Mat Kearney and John Mayer in concert. The Chinese buffet was packed. I didn't think an hour would be enough time there. So we went to a Mexican restaurant that usually is quick. Keyword: Usually. We got seated, orders waters and started eating the chips and salsa. Finally we ordered. Then about 40 minutes after coming in, our food still wasn't there. I told the waiter we had someone to be and needed to go. We left $2 on the table and left.

At least we had chips and salsa.

Come on and we'll sing, like we were free/Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us/Come on and we'll try, one last time/I'm off the floor one more time to find you/And here we go there's nothing left to choose/And here we go there's nothing left to lose ... --Mat Kearney in "Nothing Left to Lose"

Mat Kearney was really good. Again. He's so mellow that I forgot I didn't get my enchiladas rancheras.

So what, so I've got a smile on/But it's hiding the quiet superstitions in my head/Don't believe me/When I say I've got it down/Everybody is just a stranger but/That's the danger in going my own way/I guess it's the price I have to pay/Still "everything happens for a reason"/Is no reason not to ask myself/If I am living it right ... --John Mayer in "Why Georgia"

John Mayer was good too, especially when he picked up his acoustic guitar. I admit, I like his older stuff so much better. My favorite of the night (You all know I must rank eveything ...) was him with the acoustic singing "Your Body is a Wonderland" with his guitarist on the dobro.

The night turned out yummier than it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment