Thursday, February 22, 2007

I am thankful

... for the Automated Postal Center. (Here's more than you ever want to know about them ... and I only skimmed that page!) The Murray Post Office is a happenin' place. Always a line. Yet I think I've only waited one time for one other person in front of me. It's quick and easy to use.

.. for my girl friends who promptly and thoroughly responded to mass e-mail asking for perspective on baby registering. I think about these things a lot these days, but I just didn't know if it was appropriate to register for the car seat I need once my baby is 20 pounds or the high chair I need several months down the road or the bouncy seat or the ... well, you get the point. I wanted to know their preferences on what they just had to have and what wasn't so necessary. (For the record, I am not convinced a wipe warmer or Diaper Genie are necessary. Yet the formula divider/measurer seems so very practical!) It's been interesting to read their comments and learn about their mothering styles and their babies' personalities. Yes, I realize every situation is different and different people (mothers, fathers, babies ...) have different needs. Different. Yet I value the insight of people who've been there and haven't set out to write a book on the matter. (That's not to say books are bad, but personal stories give me more to think about because these are women I respect.)

No comments:

Post a Comment