Friday, February 5, 2016

Focus {a Five Minute Friday post}

It's been almost a year since I've joined the Five Minute Friday crew to write. So here I am. The word this week is FOCUS, so I set my timer and focused on this for five minutes. It's straight from my mind to you. And I'm linking up with others at Kate Motaung's place


Ready, set, go ... 

{FOCUS}

The week after Christmas break, I had trouble settling back into a routine. Then we had some snow days, and I blamed them the following week for feeling unsettled. And now, here I am, at the beginning of February and I’m still feeling unfocused.

Except I see God working. I’ve been reading some valuable books and having meaningful conversations. Greg and I have been dreaming together and waiting to see how that unfolds. We’ve been soaking in time together as a family in the evenings.

But I get distracted. I want to solve people’s problems, but know I’m not in control of much. But I keep thinking about the friend I know who had to decide whether to terminate her pregnancy because her baby’s brain isn’t developed; the friend whose adoption is suddenly messier and harder than expected; and the friend fighting cancer.

So this unfocused feeling I’m feeling? I think it’s God reshaping some things, shaking up some priorities. The to-do list never ends, but that’s okay. I have more ideas than time. But I’m confident God has me where he wants me. I believe he’s working in my life, even when I can’t seem to get a grip on my day. I’m blessed with people to do this life with me.

Perhaps I should focus on that – and stop blaming the school schedule and the weather.

{And stop.}
_____________________

Want more insights? "Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment