Friday, November 20, 2015

Rachel @ 2 months


Various people have asked what I think about being a mom to three. Short answer: We feel like Rachel has been a part of our family longer than she actually has.

It’s been almost six years since I had a baby, and, honestly, it’s easier this time. I don’t mean all the days or all the moments are easy. But my last baby was harder – in part to his personality and because I also had a 2 1/2-year-old girl. Now I have an 8 1/2-year-old girl and a boy who turns 6 in a few days. They go to school and they can be helpful when they’re home. Rachel is a calm baby who is happy to go wherever.

And I’m not who I was eight or six or even two years ago. I’m grateful this was God’s plan, even when I tried to rush the plan.

{More on my plans and how God’s plans are better in my ebook, “Peace in the Process,” which is ON SALE RIGHT NOW! Just 99 cents through Nov. 23!}

Have I told you they argued so much about who would sit next to Rachel in the mini van that we had to come up with a plan? Rachel was just days old when I decided we’d switch weekly – on Sundays before church. Thing is, at this point Rachel still spends much of her riding time sleeping.

Anyway, that’s the kind of problem I’ll take as a mom of three!

Moving on to the update on the youngest one …

Officially two months yesterday, Rachel is wearing size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes. She’s 10 pounds 9 ounces (30th percentile) and 22 1/2 inches (50th percentile). She eats 3 to 4 ounces every 3 to 4 hours. She’s been waking up once in the middle of the night – the last couple nights she’s gone down around 10 p.m. and then eaten around 3 a.m. and then again at 6:30 a.m. Of course, that could change tomorrow.

Basically, we can see her growing before our eyes.

We also see her play with her hair when she’s going to sleep and swat at toys while sitting in her bouncy seat or laying on the play mat. She’s been more expressive lately – and we’re especially enjoying her grins!

I can’t imagine how my big kids will argue over sitting near her when she actually can interact. Being a mom of three may drastically change!
_____________________


Want more insights? "Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family" is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin', or subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

No comments:

Post a Comment