Tuesday, August 27, 2013

{Behind the Scenes} A souvenir in hand


He's cute, huh? One friend called him darling.

Yes, he's those things. And more. Including mischievous.

When we were in St. Louis this past weekend, we took our kids to a baseball game and the guys in front of us were determined to get Ben a baseball to commemorate his first Cardinals game. Well, the nice guys ended up doing just that ... while Cate and I were up getting dinner from a concession stand. It's actually a game-used ball the bullpen catcher tossed up. Sitting two rows behind the bullpen has its perks, especially when the people in front of us are kind.

So when I got back to our seats and Ben {and everyone else around us!} told me Ben got a baseball, I did what any photo-obsessed momma would do. I got out my camera and said, "Hey, Ben, show me the baseball."

And he did.

Then quickly hid it.

Back and forth. In sight. Out of sight.

Then he just hid it, knowing full well I couldn't get the picture I wanted. Turns out, Greg did get the picture while I was away. So that's the one that went up on Facebook to document the souvenir. Of course, Ben provided another picture-worthy moment when he decided to sleep with the ball. Three nights since, and he's slept with the ball every night.

Perhaps he's dreaming of knocking one out of the park so the crowd can cheer.
________

crystalstine.meI'm linking up Crystal Stine's Behind the Scenes and hoping another St. Louis-inspired post is written soon. But reminiscing is always fun too. See 4-month-old Cate and not-quite-1-year-old Cate at Busch Stadium during previous trips to the ballpark.

Want more stories? Like 152 Insights on Facebook. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram. Follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin'. Subscribe to receive "Insights in Your Inbox."

6 comments:

  1. What a delightful story and such an adorable young man!! I love when others go out of their way to do something special for our young ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...and how sweet that those guys wanted to do something so special for Ben. Makes me smile so big. :) Happy Tuesday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys! I just love mine but you are so right {stinkers} they know just what us momma's want and just how to keep us on our toes. BTW he is absolutely precious and I can just imagine his excitement. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KristinHillTaylor8/28/2013 8:06 AM

    He keeps us laughing, that's for sure! Thanks for coming by, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KristinHillTaylor8/28/2013 8:06 AM

    Yes, we were surrounded by some nice guys, that's for sure. Thanks, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. KristinHillTaylor8/28/2013 8:07 AM

    I had no idea if Ben would even care about the ball, but, of course, a boy and ball - it's such a natural fit. That boy can throw any ball, hit any ball, or make up any kind of game.

    ReplyDelete