Saturday, March 9, 2013

Weekend Words

Neverlands and Promiselands :: Jennifer Dukes Lee is a new favorite storyteller of mine. I related to so much of she writes, especially this piece. I was never going to move back to Murray; I've been back here more than nine years. I was never going to work at the Ledger & Times and then I was never going to quit the job I never wanted. I've been a stay-at-home momma for 5 1/2 years. There was something about never sending my kids to private school. Yeah, well, clearly I need to stop saying "never." Good thing God works in spite of my "I will never ..." Right, Jennifer? "I still like to make plans, but I’ve learned to hold them a little more loosely, and then to take care with what comes next." 

"King & Queens" by Audio Adrenaline :: This is a song I've been loving lately. "Boys become kings, girls will be queens/Wrapped in Your majesty/When we love, when we love the least of these/Then they will be brave and free/Shout your name in victory/When we love when we love the least of these/When we love the least of these." You can listen below. You'll want to. 


Have you read anything good this week? Heard any good songs?
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Like 152 Insights on Facebook. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment