Saturday, March 23, 2013

Weekend Words

Bearing with one another :: Oh, social media, how people love to hate you and hate to love you. I mostly love it. I don't do Pinterest, but I love Facebook and Twitter. And, well, hello, I'm a blogger. Kelli Stuart nailed so many things in this post that I've been thinking about. And, really, it just comes down to balance.

Rushing & Pausing :: Pretty sure Angie Smith sneaked into my house and wrote this about my life. "The bottom line is that oftentimes I create an atmosphere of stress and perceived need when there is none. I’m really feeling like there’s not a positive outcome by insisting that every moment in life serves to make you feel like you’re late for the next one."

For When Motherhood Asks You to be Brave :: Notice Kristen Welch says "when" and not "if." It's so true. "We run straight into danger–whether it’s sickness, hurting kids, temper tantrums or math homework– we fight the battles instead of turning away from them. Some days we long to hold up a white flag of surrender. But instead, we mother on. Motherhood is about sacrifice. It’s about putting someone else’s needs in front of our own. It’s about risk. It’s about bravery."

Going The Distance :: Elizabeth Anne May makes pictures with her words. In this post, she reminded me of the hill at the end of the 5K I ran earlier this month. Like life, the hills come when they're hardest to climb. Also like life, the hills are temporary because the ground eventually flattens back to "normal." But to get there, I've got to keep going, just like Elizabeth reminded me: "Just like when I’m running a hill, I need to remember the basics. Stay on your toes and lean into the hill. Don’t overthink it. And above all, keep moving, however slow."

Infertility Anguish :: Infertility led us to adoption ... twice. I have several friends who have struggled with having a family. There is so much hope in the stories I've lived and seen unfold near me. But understanding that hope is such a long, hard road. Gindi also understands.

What good stuff have you read lately?
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Like 152 Insights on Facebook. Or follow me on Twitter and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment