Friday, March 22, 2013

{Five Minute Friday} Remember

Greg snapped last night while I was installing kid games on my old iPhone. Pretty sure they're happy
about the new-to-them electronic opportunity ... but they are good snugglers when they want to be.

I'm participating in Five Minute Friday, a link-up writing prompt at Lisa-Jo Baker's blog. This week the prompt is "Remember ...

Five minutes starts now. GO ...


Five Minute FridayI fear forgetting.

I want to remember how hard those years of infertility were, how my best friend went before me through the pain and ended up ministering to me, and how God led us right to where we needed to be to adopt. Twice. I'm hoping for a third time. But I want to remember how we got here so I don't overreact to the childish annoyances that come with children.

I want to remember that the early years of our marriage were hard for me. We've come a long way in this decade as Mr. and Mrs. Truthfully, it gets better all of the time and I want to remember life everything else in life this marriage was and is a process.

I don't want to forget these hard days of mothering little ones. They're not always going to need me like they do. Even my 5-year-old girl who will tell you she's almost 6 {Yeah, in about six weeks ...} seems so grown up these days. I know we'll be there with my 3-year-old boy soon.

I don't want to forget the things I've been learning and reading and experiencing and embracing. I want to remember. So I take pictures. I string together these words. I build friendships. I scrapbook. I make notes. Yet I don't want to forget to make memories as I remember.


STOP.

Want to join us? Here are Lisa-Jo's rules: 1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. Please visit the person who linked up before you and encourage them in their comments. That is like the one rule we all really care about.
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Like 152 Insights on Facebook. Or follow me on Twitter and Instagram.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin,
    What an adorable picture of you and your kids...I'm with you on wanting to remember all that I've learned and experienced...Happy Friday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KristinHillTaylor3/23/2013 1:44 PM

    Thank you for stopping by here and for your kind words! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, it has been a mix of chores and just hanging out, so grateful :) Hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KristinHillTaylor3/24/2013 2:34 PM

    Ours has been kind of the same -- some productivity, lots of hanging out together. Enjoy, Dolly!

    ReplyDelete