Sunday, December 23, 2012

The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head

My girl was oh-so excited about this craft. Turns out, it was harder than it looks. Ah, such is life.


But she was determined. And meticulous. Just like she is in most all things.


We did it. A little lopsided. Sheep falling. Mary and Joseph not exactly admiring their baby marshmallow in the manger. But the shepherd has his staff. And the horse is sturdy. "The hay was the easiest part," my girl proclaims. {Of course, my friend had already colored the coconut, so, yes, scattering it in and on the manger was certainly something we could handle!}


"You guy want to eat it?"

Silly question, momma. 


And then it seemed a tornado came through Bethlehem. Right on our kitchen table.

Despite the chaos we sometime experience in life that goes far beyond a wrecked candy shelter, this is the season of Jesus' birth. One little baby attracted shepherds, wise men, and nations of people. He had to come and later rise from his grave so he could give us real life. Everlasting life. Life that won't be knocked down for good when the icing doesn't hold.

Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask Thee to stay. 
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter or Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. I love this craft! Never thought of doing a manger scene before. (Following you from the No More Perfect Moms Launch Team.) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally wasn't my own idea, but I'm glad we did the craft. I need more icing next time! :) Thanks for coming over to my blog. I just started "No More Perfect Moms" today and I'm so excited about it. Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete