Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Songs of the season

If you asked me my favorite Christmas song, I'd probably stumble over my answer because there are so many I love.

Last week I transferred files, including songs, to my new laptop {Merry early Christmas to me!}, so this week I've been perfecting my Christmas playlist. It started out with 72 songs. Right now, the playlist has 60 songs by 18 artists. Did you catch my use of "perfecting"? That implies it is a process.

So, back to my hypothetical question: What's my favorite Christmas song?

Well, according to my work-in-progress Christmas play list, it's "Joy to the World" with "Away in the Manger" and "O Come All Ye Faithful" as close seconds. At least musicians I like have some worth-listening-to versions of these classics.

My all-time, hands-down favorite version of "Joy to the World" is by Bebo Norman and has been mentioned on this blog more than once and is one that I repeat {the sounding joy ...} often. The other versions I love that will remain part of my ever-changing Christmas play list are by Randall Goodgame, Third Day and Casting Crowns. The same three musicians do "Away in a Manger" in ways I love. Jeremy Camp's "O Come All Ye Faithful" is especially good.

The other songs I'm loving this season are ...


This all leaves one question: What's YOUR favorite Christmas song? Share in the comments, or, well, go write a whole blog post about it and post your link.
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter or Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment