Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall on the Farm {Year Four}


If you were to ask, "What's your favorite season?" Without hesitation, I'd answer, "Summer." And it is. But my second-favorite time of the year is when Summer becomes Fall. The cool mornings, sunshiny afternoons, and cool-again evenings are pretty close to perfection.

I love so many things about fall. And one thing I've come to love as a mom is Fall on the Farm. Murray State's agriculture students do a fabulous job putting on this annual event. We've been several times ...

2008 : When I decided I didn't need my sweater and I pushed my 17-month-old girl in a stroller.

2009 : When we needed layers of clothing and we were a little more than a month away from becoming a family of three.

2010 : When my boys wore shorts and our family of four included a 3 1/2-year-old girl and an 11-month-old boy.

We didn't go last year because we were vacationing in Maine and Boston. While that vacation was certainly worth missing a few hours on the farm, we were glad to be back among the petting zoo, pony rides, pit of corn kernels, barn slides, corn maze, and horse-shaped tire swings ... you know, if we weren't going to be vacationing in the Northeast. 







What do you love about fall?
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment