Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tomorrow


Just what do stay-at-home moms do all day?

Well, this one has to move her cool, color-coded Google calendar to an old-fashioned Post-It Note she can carry with her and mark things off has she does them. This way she will get everyone where they need to go and not forget anyone.

Yes, it's been a crazy, good, filled-with-community week. 

Here's my Facebook status from yesterday afternoon:
Well, hello, Monday. Whew. Since 6:20 a.m., I have showered and gotten myself and two kids ready for the day; fed the kids and then later myself; picked up the two other kids in the carpool; taken three kids to New Covenant Christian Academy; went to Kroger for gas, the bank ATM, and then the Post Office before it opened; took Ben to Kingdom Kids Learning Center-Westside Baptist Church; went to my
 last appointment with Dr. Bumb, nearly cried, made a plan for who to see once he moves; tended to a few things at The Gathering Place at Kentucky Lake; met my mom and her friends for a speedy lunch; picked up Ben from preschool; went back to the Post Office because the package I wanted to mail earlier wouldn't fit in the automated machine's drop box ... and it's not even 1 p.m.
Today I got to spend a little more time with my mom and her friends, who are taking advantage of our lake house, after having a slower start to my day. I also felt like I won the kid lottery today when I got two 2-year-old kids {only one is mine!} and a 4-year-old girl down for naps at the same time. For two hours. It's one of those things I wanted to happen, but I wasn't so sure it really would. Unlike the lottery, I actually tried to win this one. Meanwhile I worked on some publicity materials for the upcoming second-annual Marketplace 29 A.D.

And tomorrow is the same sort day filled with crazy goodness, although some of tomorrow's agenda was just formulated tonight, thanks to a last-minute lake house renter. Really, I wouldn't have it any other way, especially now that I have a plan, because good things are happening around here.

Now I'm going to fold the five loads of laundry sitting in front of me.

So, how's your week? 
________
Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment