Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A summer {almost} completed

July got away from me. And August sneaked up on me. Like they say, time flies when you're having fun. I suppose that's the case. We've been busy getting a lake house ready for vacation rentals {Yes, vacation ... you need one this fall? How about coming to Kentucky Lake? We've got a couple comfortable options on the water for you. The Gathering Place and Shady Creek Landing are our latest projects.} while trying to enjoy the end of summer. My boy is going to preschool two mornings a week and my girl starts kindergarten. Yes, season of transition, I'm embracing you. So be kind to this momma. 

Until then, here's some of what we've doing ... 
 
One of us thinks fireman rain boots go with anything ...


... but if cuteness is the goal, he passes!


We took advantage of a couple $1 movies at Paducah's movie theater. Cate loved "Dolphin Tale," and still talks about it almost three weeks later. We also saw "Winnie the Pooh," which was one of the only a couple first-run movies we've taken the kids to. Everybody needs popcorn at 9:30 in the morning, right?

I mentioned my girl is going to kindergarten. People keep asking me if I'm ready. I don't know about this waking up to an alarm thing that I haven't done in five years, but, emotionally, I'm feeling good about it. Really, the fact she's excited and ready makes me excited and ready. Cate is the kind of girl who will love school.

She starts next week, but her friends who are going to other schools start this week. One of my creative, fun friends planned a "We're Kindergartners!" Party. It was a really fun time.



Of course, who doesn't have fun throwing water balloons and fishing tadpoles out of a fountain with friends?

And that's the kind of summer I hope you've had, one that's been complete with friends, lots of time outside in your swim suit, and discovering new life wherever it happens to be. So many moments make up our lives, but, really, I'd argue some of the best come in the summertime.
________
Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment