Friday, March 23, 2012

I've been thinking ...


I keep thinking about blogging. 

Of course I'm also thinking about furnishing a three-bedroom lake house we are trying to get ready to rent. It's coming together. And there's more to come. Like pictures. Hopefully the pictures (and location!) will make people want go rent it this summer. 

What's that? You're planning a vacation to western Kentucky? You'd like to stay on Kentucky Lake? Really? That's awesome. I'll have some pictures and information on a website for you. Soon

I've also been thinking about our adoption. No news, really. But I'm still thinking. I got things rolling yesterday for an adoption grant through our church. Meanwhile, our home study is ready. We just need a birthmom. 

I've also been thinking about how I had no idea how volunteering my husband as a t-ball coach would affect me. I should have know. Apparently I just wasn't thinking then. But this week I've called and emailed all the parents on the 4- and 5-year-old Diamondbacks. (And for the record, I just Googled "tball" because not know how to write it was driving me nuts. "Tee ball" doesn't work for me. But the "t-ball" option does.)

There's lots to think about there. I bought Cate a pink glove yesterday when Ben and I were shopping for some lake house items. He was excited about it and kept saying "t-ball" as we walked around Walmart. I proceeded to explain to some men that the pink glove was for his sister. I wouldn't do that to my boy. 

My boy thinks he's going to play t-ball. He's going to be disappointed when he's on the bleachers. 

Like he is when we drop off Cate at school. He really wants to go. So, yeah, I've been thinking about school too. Greg and I decided we're going to send him to preschool/mother's day out a couple mornings a week next school year. 

I've been thinking about next year. Cate is going to kindergarten. And Ben's going to have a few hours of his own school time. Pretty sure I'll require the most adjustment go our new routine. Like setting an alarm. I haven't done that regularly in more than four years. I have these kids who have been my alarms. My boy knocks on his bedroom door every morning about 7. He's cuter than an alarm clock anyway.

But before kindergarten comes her 5th birthday. So I've been thinking about her party. And making invitations.  

So I've been thinking about blogging. And furnishing, marketing and renting a lake house. And adopting a baby. And helping coach a t-ball team. And schooling. And celebrating. And just plain living.
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment