Wednesday, January 25, 2012

{Approved for You} Marble Brownies

My sister taught me about a simple, delicious brownie recipe when we were together at Christmas. It's so simple and delicious that it's worth sharing with the world.

MARBLE BROWNIES
Makes 32 servings

1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Prepare brownie batter as directed on package; spread into greased 13x9-inch pan.
  3. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, egg and vanilla; mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls over brownie batter; swirl with knife.
  4. Bake 35 to 40 min. or until cream cheese mixture is lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting to serve. Keep refrigerated.

Nutritional Information: 32 servings. Each serving has 106 calories; 15.8 g. carbs; 1.3 g. protein.

I made these last weekend using Ghiradelli's Triple Chocolate brownie mix. {Seriously - it's delicious, and I don't usually say that about other brands of brownies.} I did use Philadelphia cream cheese, but only because the generic brand didn't come in low-fat. So, yes, I used the low-fat cream cheese. {Gotta save where you can, right?} I took them to a potluck, so they even look pretty enough to share. Although, admittedly, we were happy to have some leftovers.
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment