Thursday, October 6, 2011

One thing. And then another thing.

One thing at a time.

God's been speaking that message to my heart. And I've been repeating it to my mind.

One thing now. Another thing later. And another thing after that.

Tuesday morning I woke up and dove back into everyday life after being on vacation for 10 days. I had a wonderful time away. But it's always sweet coming home. And, yes, there are pictures. In fact, there are 523 I am eager to upload from my camera card and share with you. But that's one thing that's being pushed back by these other one things.

I've spent most of the day tending to details related to next week's inaugural Marketplace 29 A.D. It's a Bible school-type activity that gives kids a chance to learn about what a first-century marketplace, where Jesus would have walked, was like. About 20 local churches are involved and 90 kids are registered to participant. I'm grateful for the testimonies of community and God's faithfulness that have been weaved throughout the preparations for what we hope is an annual event.

My notebook has been close as I spent my day thinking about the little things related to the big thing. God whispers, "One thing at a time." And I've tackled some of the things. One by one when there's time between being a momma and spending my once-a-week afternoon tending to the bookkeeping for my husband's law practice and real estate investment companies. It's been a busy, full day. And I'm thankful for the opportunity to be part of something that's so much bigger than me and my list of one things.
________

Want more? Subscribe to get "Insights" in your inbox. Or follow me on Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh... I thought for sure this was a post about Steve Jobs and you were going to use the phrase "One more thing...", but alas, it was not.

    ReplyDelete