Monday, October 18, 2010

in the town of parades

I had sworn off walking in parades with babies. I had a bad experience once. Yet I did it again earlier this month anyway, mostly because I love my husband and he's running for city council.

But, you know, it was a much better experience.

Really, I should have known that living in Murray means there would be plenty of parade walking and watching experiences. Parades happy here for the Fourth of July, Veterans' Day, Homecoming and Christmas.

For the Homecoming parade, everyone was happy.

My baby was happy to be pushed along in his first parade.

And my big girl loved handing out candy. One piece at at time. And she talked to everyone before she let go of the Smarties in her hand. When she got tired, there weren't tears this time. Instead she rode between her cousins in the back seat of the electric car.

And, yes, the candidate walked too.

No comments:

Post a Comment