Saturday, August 21, 2010

meeting Caroline

My two dearest friends had babies ... 19 hours apart. Unfortunately, only one of them lives in my town. So I got to meet one of my two newest friends. In fact, my whole family is fond of Caroline Mae Tompkins. Well, OK, Ben wasn't really interested. But only because he couldn't chew on her.

But, as you can see, Cate and Greg each took their turn snuggling up with her ...

That's Cate being sweet with Caroline when she wasn't yet 24 hours old.

I love how my husband loves babies! He was happy to [finally!] get a chance to meet Caroline on third day of life.

Oh, you want details? Sure ... Caroline Mae was born at 1:34 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 19, weighing 8 lbs. 4 oz. and measuring 21 inches long. This baby sister also belongs to Luke and Norah, who have often appeared in pictures with my kids.

My other new friend, who is bound to be just as sweet, is a boy who is close to having a name. Katie and Brad were happy to welcome him into their new family of four on Friday, Aug. 20. He weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. and was 20 inches long.

Hooray for new life! And life-long friends!

1 comment:

  1. What is Katie and Brad's baby's name?
    Caroline is gorgeous. So precious. I love the pic of her and Cate.

    ReplyDelete