Monday, February 22, 2010

Beloved

I had Ben's adoption story book nearly finished before I found the name I wanted. But when I found the name, I realized it was perfect. And, of course, there is a story behind it.

Backing up ... I named Cate's adoption story "Chosen." It came to be easily, before I even started the content of the book. Of course, Ben's didn't come together quite like that.

I asked Greg for some suggestions and he rattled off a few that weren't meaningful enough to me. Then later, when I was bugging him again, he said, "What about beloved?"

Beloved.

Yes, that fits.

Then I was Googling Bible verses that used the word "beloved" that I could incorporate onto the title page of Ben's book. I skipped over several from Song of Solomon.

And then I read this:

About Benjamin he said: "Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders." -Deuteronomy 33:12

I was thinking, SERIOUSLY? "About Benjamin ..." Really could it be more perfect? And the message is one I want Ben to know. He can rest secure in the Lord, who protects him.

Yes, seriously.

God is definitely in the details.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I love it! Such a great verse to go along with his story, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. That's so cool it's a little eerie. I love how God can be kinda creepy sometimes. And by creepy, I mean in the most positive way possible.

    ReplyDelete