Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In the last week ...

We went to Patti's for the company Christmas dinner. And, like the crazy new-to-two mom I am, I took my kids. We were riding in a bus (like a 15-passenger one; not an uncomfortable school bus ...) and I knew Cate would be heartbroken if she missed out on that, especially with her Granddaddy driving. And I knew she'd love the millions of Christmas lights. She enjoyed the night and made me proud I didn't leave her at home. Ben, being the three-week-old boy he was at the time, slept through the whole thing.
_____

Ben's baby acne started clearing up.
_____

We had a Christmas party with our small group from church. Two of our friends had babies the last week of October, making them just 3 1/2 weeks older than Ben. I'm sure Davey (Oct. 30; middle in picture) and Eva (Oct. 31; left in picture) will have much to teach Ben.
_____

Cate helped give her brother a bath.
_____

We went caroling.
_____

Ben was awake for three hours in one stretch for the first time on the day he happened to be four weeks old. Grandmom was here and enjoyed seeing his eyes.
_____

Cate opened the "big present," as she keeps calling it from Grandmom. It's a play kitchen. She has already pretended to cook many things and actually poured her milk into one of the cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment