Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Worth Repeating Wednesday

For the next twelve hours I will be exposed to the day's demands. It is not that I must make a choice. Because of Calvary, I'm free to choose. And so I choose. I choose love ... Today I will love God and what God loves. I choose joy ... I will invite God to be the God of my circumstance. I will refuse to see any problems as anything less than an opportunity to see God. I choose peace ... I choose patience ... I choose kindness ... I choose faithfulness ... I choose gentleness ... I choose self-control ... Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek His grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.

--Max Lucado in "When God Whispers Your Name"

No comments:

Post a Comment