Monday, October 5, 2009

Going "home"

Katie and I have many, many pictures of ourselves like this. Hugging each other. Tightly. I've described her before as my friend who most feels like home. I'm at home with her. She reminds me of home. Her home is as comfortable as my own home. She is home to me. We've been friends for 19 years, pretty much since the day her family moved next door to mine in Mockingbird Valley subdivision in October 1990.

We watched the Jessamine Jamboree parade, but, really, we were just happy to be together.

We took Cate to her first Wildcat football game. She missed the horse that runs around the track when (if ...) Murray State scores a touchdown. But she still got the popcorn she associates with football.

I experimented with my camera. Despite the Wildcats' loss, I figured blue was the appropriate color to focus on. We were at Woodland Park waiting to hang out with Jodi. As you can see, Cate was ready to go ...

She loved this see-saw.

And she had a couple boys (one seen here ...) chasing her. When they started to go play somewhere else, she said, "Hey, guys, this way. No, come here." Nothing like a girl who knows what she wants!

Cate liked visiting with Charley. Apparently they had important things to say to each other.

1 comment:

  1. this makes me so happy, I can't stop smiling. miss you already!

    ReplyDelete