Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Growing up ... at Christmas

I'm 29 years old and this is the first Christmas morning I've woken up without my parents there. Yeah, I know, grow up, Kristin. But, you should know, I'm not complaining as much as I am thinking about traditions.

It was nice waking up in my own house. With my husband. With my daughter. And doing our own thing. Granted, Cate is 19 months old, so our own thing is still developing. But this year was our start of something new.

We had a nice dinner Christmas Eve + then drove around looking at Christmas lights. Then Christmas morning we opened presents + ate cinnamon rolls.



We mostly just do stockings, but it didn't quite all fit in there. Cate was pretty good at unwrapping things ...

... and even knew to throw the paper away later. Notice she's still holding some keys, which were quite a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment