Monday, June 2, 2008

Who needs words?

Like most mornings, Cate was playing with some toys in the living room and I was sitting in the chair reading. I periodically thought about what we'd do when that room, along with the kitchen, is tiled next week while we're at the beach. I ordered one of those foam play mats that has the interlocking pieces. Because once the tile is down, there will be no carpeted areas in the house, except the basement, and carpet is generous description of the basement floor. (The living room and kitchen are really like one long room, so it only makes sense to tile the whole area. Plus the carpet needs to go.)

Anyway, then I noticed Cate is crawling into her room, so I got up to follow her. When she got in there, she stood up at the crib and put her thumb in her mouth.

She didn't need to use words to tell me she was ready for a nap. Good thing because I don't think "juice," "uh-oh," "eyes," "dada," "buh-bye" or "duct" would work in her sleepy context.

So I put her in her crib for a morning nap. An hour after she got up this morning after sleeping 12 hours. You know, she gave up her morning nap for awhile, but the past couple weeks, she's been all about the morning nap again. I think she's growing, at least she's eating like it. And she's still cutting those molars.

No comments:

Post a Comment