Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Going once ...


We were out driving near Kentucky Lake last week because Greg and his parents wanted to check out some lots that were going to be auctioned off Saturday. Turns out only two of them were actually lake front, and to build a house there would have taken a lot of clearing tree and leveling the ground. Then to get to the lake would require lots of steps down. Anyway, the point is ... After eating fish at a lake-front restaurant, we saw an auction sign. With a real estate investment company, these signs turn our heads. So we turned down a side road, although I hesitate to call it a road, to check out the soon-to-be auctioned property.

That's it above.

Now, like I said, I hesitate to call the road a road. See that grass that looks shorter than the other grass at the bottom of the picture? Yeah, that's the road. Perhaps it's more like a path. Just to this house. No other houses are on this road, I mean path.

And I think house might be generous too. Look at it, if you can even see it through the growing vegetation. Wow.

So Greg's mom comments on the stone that covered part of the house, again, a term I use lightly. She was trying to highlight a good quality. Well, as we drove away one of the guys noticed that the stone was chipping away on the side. Turns out it wasn't even real stone. Just a facade.

A facade on a wanna-be house on a path. Near the lake. But not on the lake. Not even a distant view.

If I was going to point out one positive quality about this structure (that's a better word for it, I think ...), it would have to be that it's within walking distance of the lake-front restaurant that I much enjoyed.

1 comment:

  1. wow looks like a "practice" house if I ever saw one!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete